Friday 26 February 2016

Short Shorts: Eyes Wide Shut


For over ten years Noah and I were friends. Former colleagues who kept in touch, occasionally went to dinner and visited each other's homes. When based in separate cities, he wrote and Skyped, even through the years he was based in China.
It never occurred to me a closer relationship between us was even possible. He dated tall, skinny and female and I was neither of those things.
"Look at him look at you. He loves you. He’s been the most stable man in our lives for most of my life," my 18-year old son Rori cried in exasperation during one of his rants about my lack of a social life, decrying what he called my “willful” blindness. "Come on! Live a little. Give him a chance."
I was scared of the change in our dynamic. Noah was my rock..
Today we said "I do." Rori was our best man.
"Told you I could talk him around," he laughed and clapped Noah on the back after the ceremony.

No comments:

Post a Comment